Position Title: Service Coordinator
Department: Parts & Service
Reporting Relationship: Controller
Target Hiring Range: $17.00 Hourly
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION:
Under minimal supervision of the Controller, the Service Coordinator maintains the day-to-day operations of the service department and will fulfill parts orders.
Specific duties and responsibilities will include:
- Coordinate and complete administrative tasks for the service department:
- Greet callers using a high level of customer service and handle their inquiries by troubleshooting and providing phone support.
- Use service ticketing system to enter and track each service call, assign technicians, update status, and close tickets.
- Set up and manage paper or electronic filing system for parts and service orders.
- Maintain scheduling calendars for department including personnel coverage, travel, meetings, and other appointments or events.
- Complete forms and other service related documents in accordance with company procedures.
- Schedule and confirm service appointments for customers.
- Act as the point of contact for customer inquiries on emails and ensure a timely response to all electronic communication.
- Manage department projects as needed.
- Order and dispense supplies for service and distribution teams.
- Learn to operate new department technologies as they are developed and implemented.
- Manage the parts orders process:
- Understand and comply with all Company and customer safety rules.
- Receive, store and issue materials, equipment and other items for the Parts Distribution Center.
- Pull items from shelves by correctly completing pick tickets.
- Work with the Senior Mechanical Engineer to order parts from Company Headquarters as needed.
- Assemble, address, stamp and ship parts; receive, unpack verify and record incoming parts and similar equipment.
- Manage and order packaging materials.
- Other duties as assigned.
DESIRED TRAITS AND CHARACTERISTICS:
We are seeking candidates who have experience with troubleshooting and repair of machine tools along with a strong background in customer service. The successful candidate will be service-minded with exceptional organizational skills and will possess a passion for machine tool solutions. This individual will be a team player and willing to help out with service as needed, and will have initiative to learn about parts, repairs, and products. With this attitude, the successful candidate will have opportunities to transition into a field service role in the future.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Highly qualified candidates will have an Associate’s Degree or program certificate in machine tool technology or a similar program and at least one year experience as a parts technician, CNC machinist, or similar position. Due to the administrative responsibilities of this position and high level of customer service required, candidates should also have demonstrated experience with these attributes.
To apply, please fill out the Application Form below.